To a true artist only that face is beautiful which, quite apart from its exterior, shines with the truth within the soul

-mahatma gandhi

the world is spinning around. days like today make me dizzy. so much whirling in my life right now. trying to get back into some sort of routine. a phone call stops any form of progress. wishing I could just get to it and not be disturbed. then again it is the disturbance that prevents me from uncovering the cold hard truth. the pain comes and goes like the sun today. to face what is real can be hard. living in la la land for brief moments is a welcome escape from reality. dreaming of what is to come. why wait? if you want your life to be a certain way than find a way to make it happen - NOW!

I'm trying. trying to be more positive. trying to be more accepting. trying to be patient. trying to ask for what I need. trying to learn more. trying to be calm.

someone suggested I meditate and so I popped a meditation cd in the other day. oh gosh, had it for a while along with the timer, pillow and mala. was going to meditate every day. take a break and be silent and shut off my mind. managed to do it three times last week and it felt incredible. I did it in the afternoon and it seemed to help calm me before the evening rush.

trying to live more at peace with myself and whatever life throws at me. taking each challenge as a chance to grow and learn. when I run into someone I haven't seen for awhile I am really trying to not focus on all the downs of late, but rather celebrate in how we all pulled through and are moving forward. we still have speed bumps and things to figure out. we will always have those I think.

be kind to yourself today. you are beautiful!

No comments: