tasty tuesday, let's eat!



late evenings and early mornings are my favorite time with this little mutt. he is calm and adorable. so SWEET!



speaking of SWEET! I made gluten-free gnocchi! yay! my friend val just returned from her viaggio in Italia and talked non stop about how delicious the food was. made me think about my favorite italian food - gnocchi. typically made with potatoes and flour I gave it a little twist. here is the recipe:

sweet potato gnocchi

1 large sweet potato
3/4 cup all-purpose flour (I used gluten free all-purpose flour)
1/2 teaspoon salt

pierce the potato several times and then bake it in the oven at 400 for about 1 hour or until tender. let it cool slightly, peel and press pulp through a food ricer or food mill into a large bowl. while the pulp is still hot, mix in the flour and salt with lightly floored hands.

lightly flour countertop or pastry board. prepare a baking sheet by covering it with wax paper. turn the dough out onto the floured surface and gently knead until smooth, but slightly sticky. break off a chunk of dough and roll into 1 inch thick ropes. cut 1 inch pieces, then roll each piece against the tines of a fork to make grooves. set aside on the baking sheet and make sure the gnocchi don't touch each other. continue on with the rest of the dough.

cook the gnocchi in a large pot of boiling water in batches until they float to the surface. about 1 to 2 minutes. with a slotted spoon remove the gnocchi and place in bowls. repeat till all the gnocchi are cooked. makes 5 servings

honestly this recipe was not enough for the three of us hungry people! I would double the batch and freeze any uncooked gnocchi. I topped it off with a homemade meat and tomato sauce. YUM, YUM, YUM!

wishing YOU a terrific tuesday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my dear that sounds good! Where'd you get the all purpose gluten free flour?