appointments and soup!



"curves ahead". no freakin' kidding! doc update! try to slowly reintroduce dairy and no gluten ever again so help you god. done! check back in a month. good. I felt good with my visit. we chatted at length about my fears, worries and never ending internet medical studies. he giggled and kept asking where I read that? duh! on the internet! it was a great visit and I feel refreshed in knowing that he is with me and wants to keep watch over me to see how I am doing. yay!

in my sheer delight I decided to celebrate and make soup! woo hoo! love this recipe. haven't made it in ions, but makes a ton and so now I can have gluten free soup on hand. file under freezes well.

Northern Vegetable Soup

2 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. butter (I used gluten free, dairy free)
1 large onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped carrots
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
2 tbsp. parsley
1 tsp. dried basil
salt & pepper
1 can (19 oz.) tomatoes
2 tbsp. tomato paste
1 can (10 oz) beef broth
3 cups of water
1/2 cup macaroni shells (I used gluten free rotini)
1 can kidney beans
2 cups shredded cabbage

in a large pot heat oil and butter. add onion, garlic, celery, carrots and green pepper. saute for about 5 minutes. add parsely, basil and salt and pepper. stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, broth and water. bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer about 10 minutes. add macaroni, cover and cook till tender. add beans and cabbage. cover and simmer about 30 minutes. add extra water if needed. (I always add extra water)

enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

too bad about the gluten...I will find you a gluten free perogy dough recipe. Hope that the dairy thing goes well. I can live without gluten but DON'T take away my dairy. Happy you are feeling better.

See you at the Melissa run in Banff...which ditance are you running? We'll be there to cheer!

Gawdess said...

good luck with the dairy!