he did it!



graduation ceremonies last night and what a night. it started out with the routine dressing. I have always said I was given a boy for a reason and last night he became a bit of a girl. "sweet socks mama!" "what the hell am I supposed to do with this hat?" "I have too much hair!" "oh screw it let's roll" "hey I look good, don't I?" and he did look good and very tall!

last night I looked at these young men who have been together since play school. they have been on soccer teams together, lacrosse and had tons of birthday parties and sleep overs. building forts, carving pumpkins, skating at the rink, video game tournaments, skate boarding at the park etc. they have been through good times and some rough times together, but always there for each other. what a thrill to stand on the side and watch them all in their glory. their excitement was contagious. they still look like little boys and it is hard to believe that they are finished grade 12 and on to the next chapter in their lives.

and the party has just begun...

5 comments:

Nancy said...

I simply cannot believe you have a son old enough to graduate high school!!! And he's SO tall!!!

Gawdess said...

congratulations to mama and son!!!!
great action shot and what a good looking couple in that last picture.
Thumbs up indeed!

Susan Beth said...

Congratulations! Wow! I am so impressed! What a great day! We graduate from grade 2 this Thursday, and believe me, it is not as big a deal!

Laurie said...

whoohooo dan! I totally love that your hair cannot be tamed and that you will still smile the smile of a little boy.
Love ya kid!

Anonymous said...

congratulations, dan! enjoy!