let it snow, let it snow, let it snow....

SOMEWHERE ELSE!

okay, got that off my chest...

yesterday was a day of flying by the seat of my pants. no plan. a list, of course, but no plan. does that make sense? not really. anyway the day started out with picking up "betsy". my car who was in for some surgery and it didn't go well. in other words I was not willing to pay what they asked to get her all spruced up.

let's be real. she is thirteen years old. she has almost 300,000 km under her belt. and she is just SO tired. so I drove her very carefully to the mall to pick up presents and groceries. I then went to meet her for lunch.

no art day this week. I have been feeling very discombogulated because of all that has been happening around me. I have been creating an album for my next trip. you can see it over here so the art keeps happening despite my state of mind.

christmas is right around the corner and things need to be done and I absolutely hate feeling rushed about it all. so today was a day of forgetting about the rushing and slowing down and checking off the things on my list.

after lunch I went off to my mom's to do her hair as she had a party to go to. she sat in the chair and I pretended like we were in a salon and asked her the salon type questions. did your husband drop you off? why are you getting your hair done? where are you off to tonight? are you finished with your christmas shopping? she giggled and answered the questions as if I was her stylist. dad thought we were nuts. god I love those two! I am really enjoying our moments together. we have all worked hard to get to where we are today and I treasure our relationship. afterwards she tried to pay me! how silly!

betsy got me home safe and we had a really good conversation about where she is headed. the time has come to say good bye. I will hang on to her for a little while longer, but I understand that she is ready to go. I cannot watch her suffer any longer. and so the sleepless nights, the headaches, and some tears will continue... 

yes, people! I realize I am talking about a car! I am NOT completely nuts! YET!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so IN for a new vehicle for roadtrips!!