magic



I received this card from Linda a while ago and when I saw it this morning it hit me. Like an "a ha" moment. that slap upside the head reminding you to slow down and appreciate all the magical moments NOW. no waiting for later after the ironing is done (but it is) or after the bed is made (done), but NOW.

a little peek at the magic that happened last night and how I so love it and love him:

M: are you in? are you designing the t-shirt? deadline is March 20. go for it!

D: sorry ma. I don't have anything ready for it! I really wish I had prepared something but Andrew C. and Patty are being lame and don't want to. I haven't had time to get something together with anyone else and I don't really want to roll solo.

M: I say you go with that bowie song and solo it and blow their minds! do it! or the "get out" which I also love. the one you wrote today is pretty sw - eet too! Is it still kewl to say sweet? dad told me on Saturday that telling him his shoes were cute was wrong. damn! I did that to you too, didn't I? I am so not kewl sometimes! Yet other times I am too kewl for school! LOL! love you and I am listening to Karly right now cause my son still has not given me a cd to download onto i-tunes! hint! I do go to your site though and listen to the songs. I love your voice and listening to you play guitar. It makes me happy!

D: Thanks Ma. I'm scared to solo it, I dunno. You're damn cool mom, the only thing that holds you back is when you worry about being cool. Remember: the true essence of cool is knowing you're cool but not knowing why or even speaking of it.

M: LEAP child LEAP and the net will follow. I read that somewhere once. Not the child part, but the leap and the net will follow. heck I did that today and I was scared shitless and somehow I made it through and I feel so much more confident and excited about what is to come. Cool? Kewl! I love you baby!

one of those little surprises as I checked my e-mail before going to bed and then had a little magical moment with my super kewl son!

tons on the go today as far as "Art Tuesday" goes. a little surprise we are working on for one of our neighborhood store owners and then photos for another exciting project in the works. hang on to your shorts! we are off and running! kewl?

now off you go to "enjoy the magic as it happens".

2 comments:

Gawdess said...

Your son and you are both cool.
I am trying to heed your words about magic today and every one after that too.

Laurie said...

excellent post. I feel so much better about yesterday knowing that you are all in. Lots of work but WE can do this! hell..YOU CAN DO THIS!
Remember, we are doing this our way..
xo