that's what little girls are made of...


is it really necessary to wear underwear? I need to speak to the man who thought that repackaging and "new styling" was a good idea. probably the same guy who decided to re-vamp feminine hygiene products. go ahead and make the cracker packages all "new and healthier", but leave my girl stuff alone!

this is probably my way of denying the fact that my ass has changed. or maybe my panties shrunk? all I know is that finding new underwear yesterday was like trying to get rid of wrinkles. it ain't happening!

my all time fave and trusty brand "jockey" has re-vamped their underwear and it resembles the vintage t-shirts that are out there. I don't want my panties to look like they are old and used! "calvin" has gone the lacy and slippery route which just makes no sense. lacy = itchy and slippery? well, I won't go there.

then I thought I would give the "hanes" panties a go. they were the cheapest, but actually looked there would be enough fabric there to cover my tush so that when I bend over the spackle police aren't jumping out to get me. oh it was sheer joy!
and then we come to this morning where I am running around getting stuff ready for my trip. looks the suitcase may actually make it up the stairs for packing and then wham! it starts...

the dog decides to pee right outside the bathroom door. just like all the other boys in the house missed the toilet, again...

then I decide to make myself a latte and while my milk is steaming away I start dreaming away and out of the corner of my eye I see it happen...

overflowing milk out of the container, down the countertop, on the floor right in between the stove and counter. super!

stop the dreaming. pull out the stove and as I am on my hands and knees swatting away the dog who is trying to lick up the milk it hits me - the old panties I am wearing are totally covering my ass! and I just smile...

cause no matter how the day begins, ends or all the in between the fact of the matter is that I am leaving in two days!! two days and twenty seven years later I will be face to face with my auntie. the one I lived with while I was there. the one who taught me how to be a grown up and take care of myself. the one who patiently watched me trip up and smarten up and loved me all the same.

and the spilled milk and peeing dog and overflowing milk will be history. what will be is love, joy, laughter and new memories in a far away land and as long as I don't bend over I will be fine.

3 comments:

Little A's mom said...

You are awesome! I too dislike it when they re-style your ginch. Best to leave well enough alone!
Have a safe and joyous trip! Love, hugs and kisses to all of you!

Shelby and Bev said...

that is so funny, made me laugh! glad your underwear fit! and nice you are seeing your aunt...

Kim said...

So true! I was just in Serbia and, believe it or not, there is a Jockey store in Belgrade that I restocked at last year. This year... NOTHING. I budgeted for the annual do-over and everything. I'm at a loss....
Have fun in Italy! We are going to be in Rome next month for a few days... looking forward to it.